August 29, 2011

Baked beans contest

This is an image for the  Scroll Place Ribbon - Second Place (Red)

Our ward had a bbq and auction to raise funds for our scouts and young women (for camp). As part of that they also had a "carnival" to try and raise some funds. They had a car smash. People could pay to beat on an old car, face painting, a tug o war where the losers got sprayed by water from a fire truck and a magic show and other stuff. The dinner after the carnival, was free, but the desserts cost money. We also had a baked beans contest. I signed up for that. I won 2nd place. That is fine with me as I have always felt like my beans were pretty good, but not as good as some of the "southern cookin" I have had. Any one who has a wonderful bean recipie and would like to forward it can send it to kerryandam08@hotmail.com. Oh yea, I should mention that I went with a full crock of beans and came home wiht about 1 1/2 cups left, so you know they were good. My cake (which was an equally delicious carrot cake (with real carrots) only had 1 piece sold and it came out of the middle)

No comments: