April 22, 2011

What I have been up to

I don't know how many of you know that I have been in school for the past 4 years. 3 of those years were spent pursuing an art degree at UVU. However, as I was pondering one day I realized that I didn't know what I would do with it. I didn't want to teach, I didn't want to go into the computer side of things, and I knew that its really hard to earn a living as an artist. So that helped me to decide that it was time to take things in a different direction. After some prayer and pondering, I decided that medical was the direction for me to go. So this past fall I started at MATC in the medical assisting program. It is a one year program. After I am done with the classroom part of things (instruction, studying and hands on skills) I will have and externship for 180 hours. Well we are almost done. We have 5 weeks left. We are currently working in the lab on shots and blood draws.
Its really not that bad. I know, I know, some of you think I am gross and totally out of my mind to feel that way, but I do. I have gotten pretty good at giving shots, and am still learning how to be good at drawing blood. I expect some of those skills come with time. I must say however, that I am really tired of school at this point (I am sure that spring has something to do with it) and am looking forward to school being over. Just a word of advise (or 2) ; for those of you who are young- go to school now. Its much easier to do when you have no other obligations and you have the energy to do everything. For those of you who are older and considering going back- GO FOR IT! You are never too old to learn, or re-learn stuff.
Oh yea, one more word to my brother in law-WAY TO GO TRAV! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!! (he just graduated from college)

No comments: