June 18, 2010

Grateful for the blessings of the Temple

I dropped the kids off this afternoon at the church because they are going on a youth temple trip, to do baptisms. I was able to send along 9 female and 9 male names from my own family for Parker and Holly to do. It caused me to reflect on how very blessed I am, blessed to live in such a time when temples dot the earth, blessed to have the fullness of the gospel, blessed to have been born in the covenant, blessed to have been born in this land and at this time, and blessed to have been taugh by parents who helped me realize the importance of keeping the commandments. I realized that the gospel is a part of who I am, part of me inside. It is my foundation (ok, well Christ is, but the gospel is his) It has shaped and molded the person that I am. I sure I would not be the same person if I didn't have the knowledge that it brings. The gospel helps me want to be better, to do better. I don't think I would be the same person had I been born in any other dispensation, or any other land, or not having been privelaged to have the gospel, and I am grateful. You know, its kind of interesting actually to think things thru. Our trials have a way of shaping us, but the gospel gives us the perspective to be able to "grow" correctly. It gives us direction and purpose. So, I am especially thankful to be able to have that guidance so that I can weather the storms of life. I am even more glad to be able to share it with my children and to watch them grow and develop and gain testimonies of their own. I know that this is kind of rambling, and may not be of interest to you, but it was the way I was feeling today and I wanted to share it.

No comments: