March 31, 2010

You're Not Over The Hill Until . . . .

So this week is Kerry's birthday. It is also mine. My daughter (the one in Argentina on her mission) wrote in her email this week "happy birthday, and don't worry you're not old until you turn 50 (ha-ha)". So I guess I am not "old" yet, and neither is Kerry. I prefer to answer the age old question "how old are you" with "I am 20". That answer bugs the kids I babysit to no end, because they want to know how old I am, and are sure that I have to be older than 20. Why do I have to be older? I don't feel older. I know that my body shows that I am older (you know wrinkles, relief society arms, the bodily changes that come from having kids). But inside of my head, and in my spirit, I don't feel older. I figured something out one day that explains this (at least to my way of thinking). I figure that the reason we don't neccesarily feel older with each passing birthday is because our spirits are eternal. Since eternity is a long time, our bodies might feel older, but we don't have to feel that way inside. Therefore the old adage "you're only as old as you feel" applies to me. For all of you guys who have had a birthday this year, or who are going to (that means all of you) you now have permission to only be as old as you "feel".

1 comment:

Megs said...

sweet!!! does that mean i'm only 16? lol :)