February 03, 2010

Another one bites the dust!!



Well, it's happened again! This time our computer bit the dust. Dang!!!! The mother board went bad and so we had to have another one. We felt like a computer is one of those things you can't do without in this day and age. If the dishwasher was the thing that died, we would be washing dishes with our hands. That would not be too bad. But a computer? Well we do our banking online, our schooling (at times) and we email to our missionaries. We just had to have one. So we went and bought a new computer. We also cut a hole in the side of the cabinent, under the desk, (and bought a vent cover for the hole we made) so that the computer would have enough air circulation. We think one of the contributors to the "dying" is because it probably didn't have enough air circulation to keep cool. So that situation was remedied by my wonderful husband. We ended up with a ASUS computer. It has 8GB of ram and a terabyte of hard drive and a 24 inch monitor. So far, so good. I just need to learn how to use it. The first thing I did that was dumb was hook up 2 monitor cables. So when I turned on the computer, I had no mouse, no toolbar, no nothing. A quick call to the computer guy and I remedied the problem. Now I just need to figure some stuff out. Kerry had the computer guy put our old "hard drives" in this new computer, but I don't know how to get to the information and programs we had on them. So it might be a long week. But at least I figured out how to get to the internet and pay my bills!!

1 comment:

Holly Burnah said...

Nice! (I mean getting a new one, not that your old one died) We're the same way- don't know if I can live without a computer now days.