January 15, 2010

Ahhh, do we have too? ?

A couple of months ago our refrigerator quit freezing the food in the freezer, and was not cooling the refrigerator side the way it should have been. (Warm/cool milk is not as good as freezing cold milk) So, it took me a little while to call the sears repair guy because I didn't want to have to spend the money on repairs. I finally called about 2 months or so after the initial problem showed up. The verdict? I could either spend $800-1200 to repair the fridge, or I could go and get a new one. I figured at that price, I might just as well go and get a new one. Dang it!! I really didn't want to have to spend the money, but what else can you do? So Kerry and I went and shopped for a new one and found one that we liked. We had to wait just over 3 weeks for the delivery, but it is here now and we are enjoying it.
We have electronic controls on the door, and a filter in the grill on the bottom of the fridge (convenient for easy replacement)
Inside we have LED lights located in the top and bottom, which makes it easier to see what you have inside. Its great!! It has smaller food shelves (we used to get 9 gallons of milk on the shelf, now we get 6 with a little extra room) and ice in the door, which we have decided is nice. This ice dispenser is noisier than the other one, but oh well. Over all the fridge is nicer than the last one we had I just with we didn't have to buy it in the first place. Now I am just trying to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Leahona said...

Nice fridge! I was reading your blog and saw the picture of the inside of your fridge and thought to myself "why does she have 5 gallons of milk. That's a lot of milk!" then I remembered all the teenagers in your house, then I thought, "wow that actually might not be enough milk!" hehehehe!! I hope someday I need to have that much milk in my fridge too!