December 02, 2009

Mama said I'd lose my head. . .

I painted this picture with a specific poem in mind. Taylor and Jake helped me one year by posing while I took a picture.

Mama said I'd lose my head if it wasn't fastened on
By Shel Silverstein
Mama said I'd lose my head if it wasn't fastened on
and today I guess it wasn't
'cause while playing with my brother it fell off and rolled away.
I can't look for it
'cause my eyes are in it
I can't call to it
'cause my mouth is on it
couldn't hear me anyway
'cause my ears are on it
So
I guess I'll sit down on this rock
and
rest for just a minute

2 comments:

Holly Burnah said...

Hey- I like your blog. Nice painting- you are very talented. I like the poem too. My grandma used to read it to us when we came over to visit. I always figured it was one of her favorites.

OUR CLAN said...

Thanks Holly