December 08, 2009

Can you say . . ..Snow Blower? . . .

Yesterday we got snow ALL day, and I mean all day. It did not stop snowing until about 4:30 or 5 in the afternoon! It snowed and it snowed and it snowed. We ended up with "official totals" of 12 inches.
Parker got home and it was his job to shovel the driveway. I would have had Taylor help him, but he was at wrestling practice. So, poor Parker spent almost 3 hours shoveling snow! He did a wonderful job and cleaned it all off. He even cleaned off the car.

At some point in the night it started snowing again! Kerry got a call this morning at 3 a.m. to come in to work. At that point there was only about 1-2 more inches. By the time I got up this morning there was about 4 or 5 more inches. The snow on the car is from the overnight snow!By the time Parker was done shoveling, he was wishing we had a snow blower or a snow plow. He said "I wish Dad still had his snow plow that he has when we lived in Kentucky!"
You can see how deep it is on the dog house, that is the best place to measure it. It is almost 2 blocks high!
(I think it's cool how the snow makes snowballs in the trees)
I was supposed to take Taylor and 2 other boys to an early morning wrestling practice, but I had to call the other boy's mom because I don't have 4 wheel drive. Normally it would not be too much of a concern, but the roads in Santaquin are fairly treacherous and not plowed well. I was not sure I would even get out of my driveway without getting stuck. Hopefully by 11 this morning, it will be cleared off enough for me to get to the freeway and go to school. Ah, life sure is interesting isn't it?!

2 comments:

Leahona said...

well, we've got the temp for snow but no moisture!! It's gonna be 4 degrees tonight!!! We might get some snow this weekend. Good for Parker for doing all that hard work!! The pix are amazing. Great job as always!!

Theresa said...

Hey we just has the same snow last week and it was followed by freezing temps. The snow looks nice