October 28, 2009

Finally something that I like. . .

In my watercolor class we have been learning about watercolor painting. (obviously) But I have finally ended up with a couple paintings that I consider ok. I actually like the one with the geese and the old lady (the composition is not mine, it's a Claudia Nice pen drawing). But I decided that I wanted to make it into a painting and I am actually pleased with the way it turned out. This other painting is not my composition either (Kory Fluckinger) but I took it out of a book that was written for the purpose of learning to watercolor. It turned out ok. I would do the background trees a little lighter if I was to do it again, but that is how we learn right? I wish I was able to make the transition from painting other peoples compositions to doing my own, but at least I am learning to paint huh? The last one is a painting I did of Jake. (please excuse the quality of the photo. Its actually a photo of a photo) The composition is my own. It has been something I have been messing around with for a couple of semesters. I took this photo in photography 1, then used it in drawing 1 and then again in 2d design (where I pix-elated it) then I used it again in oil painting 2. So it is only natural for me to see how it turned out as a watercolor. The next thing I have planned for it is to make it into an art quilt. It is just a good composition that has turned out to be very useful to me in school.


2 comments:

Glory said...

Wow! I love seeing what you are doing. I am anxious to see what you come up with for an art quilt.

Leahona said...

LOVE IT! You are so talented!