August 28, 2009

The Big House Project

So after Mom and Dad tiled their house we ended up with the rest of the tile from their project. We have had that tile sitting in our garage for 2 years with the intention of tiling the entry-room when we had the money to do it. We finally were able to do that! I am very pleased with the results! Thanks Travis (my wonderful brother in law) for laying the tile.
could not have done it without you!!
The change in flooring necessitated a change in the wall color as well. The paint we had in there looked like 1980's peach after we laid the tile, Yuck!!! I had a can of brown paint downstairs and it was perfect. Then, as was always my plan, I purchased vinyl lettering to go around the top of the wall over the bookcases. It says "You may have tangible wealth untold, caskets of jewels and coffers of gold; Richer than I, you will never be, for I had a mother who read to me."
I also found a new ceiling light fixture on sale. I decided it was affordable. It is a much better fixture than what we had in there, and gives off more light too. I would say that is proper for a library.
Here is a better view. The only thing left to finish is the molding around the top of the bookcases. We just have to wait for the guy who built them to come now and finish that up for us!! Doesn't it look wonderful?!

3 comments:

Leahona said...

Yeah for checking something off you list. It looks great. I love having tile in our entry way and I know you will too!! The lettering is a really nice touch. All you need now is a globe (and maybe a leather chair)!!

Theresa said...

Looks good Amber. I love the color peaceful. Looks like a lot of work to clear out and put together. Well done

Heather Williamson said...

Wow! That looks fantastic! I cannot wait to come and see it in person!