February 19, 2009

Should've known better. . . . .

So the other day I sprained my ankle. It was really dumb and some of you may say that I deserved it (which I did because I should've known better) but. . .
Kerry was taking the dog food out to his rotties. Katie (our little dog that lives in the house) wanted to go outside with him, which we don't let her do very often, as she gets very stinky and sometimes muddy etc. I have to live with her in the house, so I don't like her to smell. So anyway, she was told no and I closed the door and stepped out onto the porch to chat at Kerry. She (Katie) is very headstrong and sometimes she just irritates me. This was one of those times. She slipped out the door anyway and was halfway across the lawn to where Kerry was. We were both yelling at her to go back inside. I managed to grab her and toss her up the steps onto the porch. She hi-tailed it into the house as she knew she was not supposed to be out. I followed her and decided to give her a boot in the butt. Now lest your aghast at that reaction please understand that I would never seriously hurt her. But I was not happy with her, what can I say. So I headed in her direction. As I started to lift my leg to boot her butt, she moved and my other leg slipped. (my foot was wet) so my toes caught her let and I ended up hyper extending my ankle in the process. Everyone around here has had a pretty good laugh at my expense, and I have not said a thing because I figure I deserve it! Poor Katie. Poor Mommy!!

No comments: