February 28, 2009

Parkers Quilt

I finished Parker's quilt this week. Now its ready to go to the quilters (Moms) to be quilted. Then I can put the binding on it. I am currently working on Taylor's quilt. When it is finished I will post it as well. I will not take them to mom until they are both done. I really like the way this one looks. Its always fun to see how they come together. You plan, and in my case, I color it on graph paper to make sure that I like the color combination before I actually start cutting fabric. I was glad that I did that this time as the original idea that was in my head I did not like as well as the second idea, which is what you see here.

4 comments:

Stilson's said...

That is so gorgeous!!! You are amazing!

another day in the life of... said...

i love the design. have you thought about selling your quilts? i think some of these modern designs would do really well in some of the boutiques around here and boston and nyc. you should come to visit me on a business trip and we can go around and see. not as many people do these things for themselves here, so it could be quite successful!

OUR CLAN said...

No, actually I have not thought about that. I wonder. . . guess it's worth thinking about. The designs are not mine, I used someone elses pattern, but I put the fabrics together myself.

Megs said...

wow... i love this... so... uh... when do i get one? :D j/k. really do love it though. i need to get me sewing machine so i can do pretty things like this...