January 27, 2009

Little Birdies at My Window . . .

The very most favorite thing I received (from Santa) for Christmas was a bird feeder. My dear darling husband put it up for me (plus one more(the one pictured first) that we went and bought) this weekend. We have been watching the birds come and eat the seeds ever since. They are very noisy and make a mess with the shells of the seeds, but they are oh so beautiful and an absolute delight to watch!This bird sitting on the top of the feeder is a house finch with his spring mating colors. He is so beautiful. There are alot of these around here.
The one with the muted colors is a female house finch. We also have seen lesser goldfinches. I don't know yet what kind the black one in the first picture is.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I love looking at birds at the bird feeder. Around here you have to take down feeders in the spring because they attract bears! One of my favorites about bird feeders is the sunflower seeds that get dropped and sprout wild sunflowers around the feeder! Your pictures are really pretty!

OUR CLAN said...

Ok, that would be a little freaky! I can pass on the bears. First they would start with seed and then move onto garbage,dogs and children. Definitely not my idea of good.

Theresa said...

love the pictures. They look like postcards. Watching birds is always relaxing.