November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving at Grama's

All of our Thanksgiving plans were changed this year when everyone we invited decided not to come. So, we went to Grama and Grampa's. That was a good thing anyway as we got to see some of extended family that we had not seen in awhile.
Taylor got the job of camera duty this year. He took all the pictures you will see. (with the exception of this one) I think he really had a great time with it! We had a wonderful feast! Everyone contributed something yummy. I was supposed to make rolls, but decided that I would do homemade bread instead (after all, they taste the same). But I did bring crescent rolls.

Grama has this cool gravy thing. It pours gravy from the bottom, that way if you have any fat on the top, you don't get it with the good stuff that settles to the bottom.
Taylor was not the only one taking pictures!
After dinner, we all sat at the table and gabbed. I don't know if we were to stuffed to move or what, but it was enjoyable.
This is uncle Joel (grampa's brother) and his wife Janeen.
Meirah, on the computer.
Grampa stacked the dishes, Grama tried to recover!
You can't have Thanksgiving with out pie! We had 1 lemon, 1 chocolate, 4 pumpkin, 2 apple 2 banana creme & I left 3 pies at home so we could have some later. Yummy !!!
When we were finished eating, we had a talent show. This has become a tradition for Grama, because it allows her to show off her grandchildren. Actually, its just a nice way of letting extended family get aquainted with their nieces and nephews.
Kerijean played the piano, as did meirah. They both played Jon Schmidt numbers.
Megan sang a song with Holly. It was very nice.
I got caught having fun with parker! and Jake played the guitar. (Parker got away without doing anything, and Taylor was "arm twisted" and he sang a song. We were not about to let mr. "perfect harmony and show choir" get away without performing!)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Looks like good food and a good time was had by all. I hope the Thanskgiving weekend was a fun time.

Andy said...

I love seeing all the pics, I guess Taylor did have fun. I finally have a very slow internet, so i should be able to post again on my blog within the next couple of days. glad to be back in touch with you through your blog....
xo,min