November 13, 2008

Pie, yyummmmie Pie . . .


I just love this time of year. I make pies and eat them, then make more pies and eat them. I guess, depending on the year, I make pie 2 to 4 times between November and December. Now of course I am not the only one to eat the pies. I have to bake them that much because I am not satisfied if I only get to have 1 or 2 pieces. I have to have a couple slices, a couple times, before I am not craving pie anymore. This week Megan asked if she could enter a pie contest at school. Since she was the one who prepared the frozen pie filling that we put in the freezer, I figured that she would be able to make the whole pie herself. I taught her how to make the pie crust today. I will let her practice more in 2 weeks and then a couple weeks later. She does a pretty good job cooking, so I think with practice she will be great.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

How fun I came across your blog from Heathers blog. This is such a fun way to keep up on friends! Please send me your email and I will send you a link to our family blog (we are set to private). shannastilson@gmail.com

OUR CLAN said...

glad to have you visit the site. I will email ya!
amber

Theresa said...

ummm. I want to visit your house. Pie is my favorite treat. Megan looks great.

another day in the life of... said...

yummy! we are loving all the pies this week in our new house. go megs!