August 08, 2008

What have I been up too?

So what have I been up to this summer besides camping and quilting, you might wonder? Well I have been canning of course. I really only started the "jars" recently, but I have put up frozen broccoli and cauliflower earlier this summer. I have been working on green and yellow beans, and yesterday and today I will be doing apricot jam. I had to call my mom to find out what she does to can the jam and if you have to take the skin off, like with peaches. I have never actually done apricot jam before (gasp). I never had them available. Sunday in church, one of the ladies in the ward let me know that if I would like them, she had 3 trees that were ready and I could come and pick as much as I wanted. I sent Taylor and Parker on Monday ( I would have gone too, but we were busy with whelping) then yesterday I sent Megan and Taylor back to pick some more. I have canned 68 pints so far and will probably end up with around 100 pints. What a blessing! !

1 comment:

another day in the life of... said...

Wow! That is a lot of jam, yummy! I'm getting ready to do peaches and then pears and then applesauce. Next year I will have a garden and I'm looking forward to beans and tomatoes as well.